Chocolate Walnut Brownies……….Go nutty the healthy way!!!!
Proven beyond doubt….Walnuts are the healthiest nuts of them all!!!!Let’s find out why………………….
- Munch just 7 walnuts a day and you will have eaten the recommended levels of minerals, vitamins, and protein.
- Walnuts are an excellent source of vitamin E and anti oxidants which help to keep the skin well protected from dryness by protecting it from harmful free radicals which can otherwise damage collagen&elastin in the skin.
- Eating just as much as 25 g each day provides about 90% of RDI (recommended daily intake) of omega-3 fatty acids which have been well known to lower the risk of blood pressure, coronary artery disease, strokes and cancers.
- Regular intake of walnuts in the diet help to lower total as well as LDL or “bad cholesterol” and increase HDL or “good cholesterol” levels in the blood.
- These nuts are packed with many important B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates.
Cocoa is rich in antioxidants and flavanols which help improve the appearance of women’s skin -by increasing hydration, decreasing skin roughness and scaling, and helping to support the skin’s defense against UV damage.Chocolate nourishes,hydrates&rejuvenates the skin.
So here’s a way to combine the two-walnuts&cocoa to make sure we stay healthy&please our taste buds as well…:)
Recipe for Yummy Chocolate Walnut Brownies:
1 cup Walnuts(finely cut), 1 and 1/3 cup cocoa(unsweetened),1 & 1/2 cup powdered sugar or brown sugar,1 cup butter or refined sunflower oil,1 cup flour or maida,1 tsp baking powder,4 eggs,2 tsp baking powder,1/2 cup milk.Optional few pieces of dark or semi sweet chocolateMethod:Sift 1 cup flour thrice with 1 tsp baking powder.Whisk egg whites and egg yolks seperately with an egg beater.Finely grind one&half cup of sugar.Melt butter or slightly warm sunflower oil in a bowl.Add sifted cocoa powder&mix.Add powdered sugar to this mixture and cream well.Add whisked eggs,vanilla esence and mix well .Fold in the sifted flour gently.Dust the finely cut walnuts with a little maida and mix half of it in the batter.Add milk such that you get a pouring consistency.
Meanwhile Preheat the oven to 100 Centigrade.Grease the cake tin with ghee.Once the tin is pre heated in the oven,take it out&pour in the cake batter.Sprinkle the remaining cut walnuts &pieces of chocolate on the cake batter.Bake at 175 centigrade for 30 minutes till a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the cake.Switch of the oven and allow to cool inside.Take out after 15 mins &relish the delicious chocolate walnut brownies topped with vanilla icecream &Chocolate sauce……Yummmmmmmmmm:)