STORM IN A COFFEE CUP🙂
A 5 minute chocolate fudge cake that can be made even by kids!!Here’s how……….
1 big coffee mug
– 4 tbsp All Purpose Flour (Maida)
– 5 tbsp powdered sugar
– 2 tbsp cocoa powder
– 3 tbsp milk
– 3 tbsp oil
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– 1 egg
– 1/4 tsp of baking powder
– chopped nuts, chocolate sauce for decoration
2. Now add milk, oil, vanilla essence. Whip an egg well and add to the mix.
3. Mix everything nicely with a spoon so that no lumps get settled at the bottom of the mug.
4. Put the microwave on high heat and cook the mug with the mix for exactly 3 mins. Mind it exactly 3 mins. Try it with your microwave, if it gets too high then reduce the time to 2 mins and 50 secs. Do not worry it will not spill (as long as it is a big mug that you have used) and it will be cooked.
5. Let it stand for 30 sec in the microwave while it is switched off.
6. Take it out on a plate and
decorate it with your choice of choco chips,chocolate sauce and chopped nuts
7. It tastes a little different than a regular cake but it is the quickest way to make cake with icecream or chocolate sauce.
Watch the detailed video recipe by our very own Master chef Sandhya Oza from Curry classes-It’s so much fun actually watching the cupcake rise in the coffee mug like the leaning tower of Pisa;) Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0BtTEpLgwg
Recipe courtesy http://mystartupkitchen.wordpress.com/desserts/chocolate-mug-cake/